What is the meaning of LOL
There are 29 meanings of LOL. Suggest New Meaning of LOL
On this page you can find list of all possible meanings of LOL Slang / Acronym. you can always use LOL in Chat rooms, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, SMS, Internet Forums or in your emails to shorten the text and to save your time.
Definition of LOL
LOL, an acronym for laughing out loud or laugh out loud, is a common element of Internet slang. It was used historically on Usenet but is now widespread in other forms of computer-mediated communication, and even face-to-face communication. It is one of many initialisms for expressing bodily reactions, in particular laughter, as text, including initialisms for more emphatic expressions of laughter such as LMAO ("laugh(ing) my ass off"), and ROTFL or ROFL ("roll(ing) on the floor laughing"). Other unrelated expansions include the now mostly historical "lots of luck" or "lots of love" used in letter-writing.
Variants of LOL
- lul: phonetic spelling of LOL
- lolz: Occasionally used in place of LOL.
- LOLOLOLOL: For added emphasis, LOL can be appended with any number of additional iterations of "OL". In cases such as these, the abbreviation is not to be read literally (i.e., "Laughing out loud out loud out loud out loud"), but is meant to suggest several LOLs in a row.
- LMAO: For "Laughing my ass off". Variant: LMFAO ("Laughing my fucking ass off").
- ROFL: For "Rolling on the floor laughing". It is often combined with LMAO for added emphasis as ROFLMAO ("Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off"). Variant: ROTFL.
Most common meaning of LOL
Slang/Chat meanings of LOL
All meanings and definitions of LOL
Search Another Slangs?
How to Link to This Page